I like to call these the “adult version of fruit roll ups!” Only these aren’t filled with the sugary processed ingredients in most rolled treats. These veggie filled steak rolls are the perfect easy dinner to whip up for friends and family. The fun presentation is sure to wow any crowd. The best part of all is that they are filled with nutrient rich vegetables and juicy steak.
Make this dinner even easier by lining your baking sheet with parchment paper. This will allow the steak to cook evenly without sticking or burning to the pan. Plus, easy clean up, making this hearty dinner fool-proof!
- Choose any steak you like and thinly slice it horizontally
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 18 asparagus speaks, trimmed
- 3 Tsp oregano
- 2 Tsp ground cumin
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 6 oz. can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- (Add water and extra olive oil if marinade doesn’t look substantial enough to coat the steak and veggies)
Step 1: Mix all marinade ingredients together in a bowl and soak the steak, zucchini, bell peppers, onion and asparagus for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Step 3: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 4: Lay thin strips of steak on the parchment paper and stack veggies on top. Roll into a tube shape and place them seam side down.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your desired temperature.
Enjoy while hot! Pairs well with any side dish.
Yours in health,