The humble potato is packed full of potassium, Vitamin C, B6, and many other phytonutrients that promote overall wellness. So, today we want to highlight Ruth’s quick and easy Baked Potato recipe. This recipe avoids overloading your potato with butter and cream cheese and instead offers a fresh, tasty, and colorful combination of ingredients that leave you feeling satisfied.
- 4 x Baking Potatoes (you can bake sweet potatoes as an alternative)
- 5 Handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 x Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 x Tsp dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 x Cloves of garlic (more if you love it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup thinly sliced red or salad onion
- ¾ Cup crumbled feta cheese
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400f. Prepare potatoes by piercing them with a fork and rub with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for about 1hr/1hr ½. Note that sweet potatoes take less time. Use a fork to check if they are ready.
Step 2: Prepare the filling for your potatoes by combining the olive oil, white wine vinegar, mustard, pepper, salt, and whisk till combined. Place in a skillet and warm.
Step 3: Cook the sliced onions and garlic in the skillet with the vinaigrette and cook till tender (about 3 mins) and slowly add the spinach, letting it wilt into the pan.
Step 4: Cut your baked potatoes and divide the spinach mix on each one. Follow this with the crumbled feta.
Step 5: Serve and enjoy.
Yours in health,