It’s that time of year… the time where sweets are brought to every holiday party!
Over the years I’ve noticed that chocolate bark and fudge are the most common homemade gifts I receive from friends and neighbors during Christmas. Instead of giving loved ones another dessert packed with refined sugar and GMOs, try bringing this pudding to the next get together or dropping it at your neighbor’s house to say happy holidays! This simple pudding is sweet, yet healthy, and won’t leave you with a sugar crash. It can even be dolloped on top of a premade pie crust and turned into Chocolate Pudding Pie!
(Triple the recipe to have it be substantial enough to become a Chocolate Pudding Pie. Add whipped cream for extra decadence)
Makes 1 large portion (the perfect size for a gift)
- 1 1/2 medium sized avocados
- 1 heaping tbsp hemp nuts
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8 tbsp vanilla coconut milk
- Top with hazelnuts and dark chocolate chunks
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and combine until silky smooth. Scrape down the sides throughout blending.
2. Add in extra coconut milk to thin it out if it’s too thick for your liking.
3. Spoon into a large giftable serving dish.
4. Place dark chocolate chunks and hazelnuts on top (or your favorite topping) and cover with a plastic disposable gift lid or plastic wrap.
Serve and enjoy!
Yours in health, Ruth.