This delicious soup is the ultimate cure for your hangover blues. The secret is in the ingredients. Each ingredient is strategically used to repair the lining of your gut and bring in the salt and fat needed for you to recover after the dehydrating effects of alcohol.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped into large pieces
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 medium white russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use the store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 5 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups chicken bone broth (homemade if available)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cilantro leaves, pepper jack cheese, and crumbled bacon for garnish
Step 1: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Step 2: Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft.
Step 3: Add the russet potatoes, spices and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and the chicken bone broth.
Step 4: Bring to a simmer and cook 25 minutes.
Step 5: Add white rice and squeeze in the limes. Cook for an additional 5 minutes to let ingredients marry.
Step 6: Add extra salt if needed. Top with cilantro, pepperjack cheese and crumbled bacon.
Yours in health,