My son named this, “Feel Better Soup” because I used to make it for him every time he was under the weather as a little boy. He’s now all grown up and still requests it when he’s fighting a cold. I like to think of this soup as a big hug in a bowl. It’s warm, salty, rich and comforting. The anti-inflammatory chicken bone broth allows the body to rest and recover during illness.
- 8-ounce package of “fideo” noodles
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 4 limes
- 1 ripe avocado (optional for garnish)
- 8 cups homemade chicken bone broth
- 3 Tbsp of ghee
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste (about 1tsp. will be needed depending on the chicken broth you use)
1. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds. Puree the tomatoes, onion and garlic and set aside.
2. Preheat a pan to medium hot and add in 3 tbsp. ghee. Add the noodles and stir to coat with oil. Continue stirring until the noodles have started to brown.
3. Strain the pureed tomatoes, onion and garlic into the noodles. The browned noodles will add depth and flavor to the soup.
4. Add the chicken bone broth and stir.
5. Bring the soup to a boil. Cover and reduce to low heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Check the salt and adjust to taste before serving.
Serve your soup with a couple of lime halves. A squirt of lime brings the flavors together! Add some sliced avocado & sprinkle red pepper flakes on top. Enjoy and feel better!
Yours in health,